I don’t know what makes a recipe “Asian”, but since this one involves Kelp Noodle, soy sauce, cilntro, ginger and bonito flakes, I think I can safely call it “Asian”!
This Kelp Noodle can be used for fried noodles instead. It’s very low carb and has a very crunchy taste. The recipe on the package says you can just cut it and eat it raw, but it has a weird bitter aftertaste. So I usually boil it and wash it with water. And it should be used in a recipe that is saucy so the weird taste of the kelp noodle is not noticed.
Low Carb Asian Noodle Salad with Sea Tangle Kelp Noodle
– Flavoured meat: I grilled some sliced pork (I bought it at SUperstore, those ones sliced for hot pots) with Swerve Sweetener, Soy Sauce, Ginger, and Sesame Oil. These marinated grilled pork are good on its own! BBQ pork would go well to this salad too (and be more Asian!)
– 1 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener
– 2-3 tablespoon Soy Sauce
– 2-3 tablespoon Mayo
– 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
– 1 tablespoon roasted sesame
– handful of dried bonito flakes, wrinkle it up in your hand so it becomes fine and breaks into powder
– 1/2 sliced cucumber
– handful of minced cilantro
– Kelp Noodle
– 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (optional)
Directions: Toss all ingredients up. That’s it!