17 April, 2017
Low Carb Salmon Quiche
I wanted to eat more seafood in our diet. I often make salted Japanese salmons but taking leftover baked fish to work for lunch has always been a problem…who likes to stink up the lunchroom or eat cold baked fish instead?
Solution to “smelly fish in the lunchroom” problem is to cook fish in a creamy sauce. Like chowder. Or quiche.
I made low carb salmon quiche and it was very tasty & easy. And it smells good too after heating it up in the microwave.
I used All Day I Dream About Food’s recipe for a low carb pie crust for the quiche crust. It’s simple and easy, and it tastes good! There’s only 3 ingredients.
For the filling, I modified the Salmon Quiche Recipe on All Recipes with 4.5 stars. The trick for making delicious low carb dishes is to follow non-low carb recipes with good reviews, but sub the ingredients with low carb alternatives. For example, we can use heavy cream instead of milk, Swerve instead of sugar, etc.
The quiche turned out delicious, even my non-low carber hubby who is always skeptical of almond powder loved it!
Here’s my low carb version of the Salmon Quiche Recipe:
For the crust:
Follow the recipe on All Day I Dream About Food’s Low Carb Pie Crust
For the filling:
I changed up some ingredients in the Salmon Quiche Recipe on All Recipes to make it low carb and omitted some because I’m lazy!
- The instructions are the same, from the Salmon Quiche Recipe on All Recipes – I added step 4.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place the cubed Cheddar cheese, onion, eggs, and heavy cream into a blender. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, then blend until smooth. I used the Kitchen aid mixer. Spread salmon over the pie crust. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese then pour the egg mixture on top. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and rest it for 20 minutes until it settles.
Tools I used: